More than 1,700 import and export contracts with the privat business

More than 1,700 import and export contracts with the privat bussines

HAVANA, 8 Apr. With the registration of 1 756 import and export contracts signed between state-owned companies and forms of self-employment,

Cuba continues to consolidate its growth strategy for the international market, according to information published in the account of the Ministry of Foreign Trade and Foreign Investment (Mincex).

The director of Foreign Trade of that portfolio, Vivian Herrera, commented on her Twitter account that of that total, 87 agreements correspond to exports, eight more than the previous week, as part of the efforts being made on the island to increase the management of all economic actors.

This strategy was promoted in the middle of last year when a group of state entities was authorized to provide contract management services between private workers and foreign clients, which to date total 41 for this activity.

The said decision, which also supports the national purpose of boosting the economy and facing the crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, contemplates, among its measures, export and import facilities for forms of non-state management based on providing foreign trade services through specialized companies, added Prensa Latina.

  In this sense, the transactions approved by Mincex include several resolutions and the regulations that govern commercial relations between entities authorized to carry out foreign trade and non-state forms of management.

On the other hand, the Central Bank of Cuba established the procedure for the opening and operation of current accounts in freely convertible currency.

The idea is that the exporter is the one that receives the greatest benefits since 80% of the income in a foreign currency will remain in his hands, while the remaining 20% ​​is delivered to the economy in national currency, said the head of the Mincex , Rodrigo Malmierca earlier this year.

In order to continue developing exports through an organized process respecting the established rules, small farmers who are not cooperative members or usufructuary of state lands, artisans and creators have joined this foreign trade activity.