Cuba reiterates willingness to share experiences on Covid-19

HAVANA, Jun 11  (PL) The Minister of Public Health of Cuba, José Ángel Portal, reiterated that Cuba is willing to share the experiences acquired to date in the confrontation and control of the Covid-19 pandemic.Cuba sent 34 brigades of the Henry Reeve International Contingent of Doctors Specialized in Confronting Disasters and Serious Epidemics, said the minister at the weekly meeting with the World Health Organization to analyze the situation of the pandemic.

These groups are made up of 3,337 professionals, who are providing services in 27 countries, in addition to the more than 28,000 collaborators present in 59 countries.

Among Cuba’s contributions are a group of investigations, interventions, clinical trials and applications, which in addition to being used extensively in the country for the management of this and other health situations, can be shared with other scientists, experts and organizations at the international level, especially those related to the development and application of innovative biotechnological products, vaccine and antiviral candidates, among others, said Portal, as quoted on the website of the ministry.

So far, there are no reports of deceased children or adolescents, nor have we had to regret maternal deaths or any of the health personnel, highlighted the head of the Ministry of Public Health in Cuba.